Announcements ~ Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Thurs: Popcorn Chicken OR BBQ Rib on Bun Baked French Fries or Baked Beans Fruit Choice Cookie
- Fri: BBQ Chicken on Bun OR Tenderloin on Bun Baked French Fries or Corn Fruit Choice
- 12/14- Claire Ashcraft, Charlie Friend, Gabriel Guenthenspberger, Corbin Peterson, Damon Stephens
- 12/15- Dylan Carney, Kirsten Mc Kay, Micheaela Robinson
- 12/16- Ashley Schidknecht
- 12/17- Kylie Campbell, Logan Hoevener, Tyler Littrell
Basketball season tickets are on sale!!
- Girls’ basketball tickets:
- Adult $35.00
- Student $20.00
- Boys’ basketball tickets:
- Adult $40.00
- Student $20.00
Anyone interested in being part of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) please email Mr. Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org so he can add you to the roster. He will send you information on when and where we meet.
All-Sport tickets and fall season tickets are on sale in the athletic office.
Student All-Sport tickets are $50.00. (This ticket will get you into all sporting events at the high school excluding sectionals). Football, soccer or volleyball are $10.00 each. Stop by the athletic office to purchase your tickets.
JCMS is looking for certified lifeguards for the pool at the middle school. If any students interested, please contact Mr. Wagner at the JCMS. Applications are available in the main office.
"Seniors... Powder-Buff sign-ups are taking place outside of Room 220. The team will be drawn on Friday, 12/15. Any questions see a Senior Class Officer or Mrs. Vaughan/Sullivan/Shoultz."
First Christian Church, located downtown North Vernon, has been honored to sponsor "The Rock," the free after school care program for students in middle school and high school for nearly 15 years at the Solid Rock Cafe.
- The last day for "The Rock" will be Thursday, December 21, 2017. We will not be offering this program for middle and high school students after this date. As the demonstrated need for this outreach has reduced, First Christian Church looks forward to serving the future needs of the community in other areas.
- Beginning in January 2018, we are excited to announce that will be providing After School Care for students in grades K-6th grade in the Solid Rock Cafe. Currently, we offer transportation and care to students who attend North Vernon Elementary, Brush Creek Elementary, and Hayden Elementary. To get prices and registration information for this growing program, please call 812 767 1862 or online at http://www.fccnv.net/after-school-care.html.
The JCHS Student Council would like to announce that the annual Giving Tree will be displayed in the main hallway outside of the Guidance Office starting Monday. If you would like to participate and help provide Christmas for a child in Jennings County, please choose an ornament, sign your name in the book next to the ornament you have chosen, buy the gift, and return the unwrapped gift WITH THE ORNAMENT ATTACHED to Mr. Morris (room 131) or Mrs. Kent (room 214) NO LATER than Friday, December 15.
This year, we are also sponsoring the residents of the Jennings County Nursing Home. There will be a smaller tree with ornaments for items, such as: lotion, word search books, socks, etc. for the elderly residents. If you would like to help them out this winter, please choose an ornament and purchase the item(s). Bring the unwrapped item(s) to Mr. Morris or Mrs. Kent NO LATER than Friday, December 15.
JCHS students or staff members interested in Ringing Bells for the Salvation Army this Holiday season, they can go to www.registertoring.com to view available times to ring bells at either Wal-Mart or Walgreens. If there are any questions you can contact Mr. Kelley in Room 218 or a Key Club Officer.
Sign up for Debate Club in either Mrs. Ertel's room (212) or Mr. Doebbler's room (125)
Information about the Coffee Cart
- New this year is a coffee card for students and teachers:
- We would like to inform you about the new coffee card (Buy 6 get 7th free) available to both teachers and students.
- In appreciation of your support- we are going to have a weekly drawing for a coffee mug for both students and teachers. Every time you make a purchase your name will be submitted into the drawing.
- Coffee mug sponsored by St Vincent Jennings Hospital, until we run out.
Driver’s Ed: It is not too late to enroll in the next on-sight driver education program being offered at JCHS. This program is provided by Drivers Ed. L.L.C., after school, from 3:30 - 5:30. The course consists of 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction. The cost of the course is $420 and includes all documentation needed to get a Learner's Permit and Operator's License. If interested, call 812-352-8400.
PARKING PASS: If you are wanting to drive and park at school, you need to see Mrs. Davis in East Wing Office before school. Parking passes will only be sold before school.
"The Rock," the free after-school program at the Solid Rock Cafe in Downtown North Vernon, continues to offer use of 5 computer stations, Wi-Fi, snacks, video games, and carpet ball -- ALL FREE. Everyone is welcome from 3:30-5:30 PM each school day! Transportation is offered for both JCMS and JCHS. Questions? Call the First Christian Church office at 812 346 3177.
Download 1st Semester Exam Schedule
Drivers Ed LLC will be having a class in the JCHS library Jan. 23-Feb. 10 from 3:50-5:50 pm. Cost is $420 which includes 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind the wheel training. You must be 15 by the start of class. If you are interested in taking this class or you have any questions, please call 812-352-8400 from 8-4 MWF to enroll.
- JCS 2017-2018 Calendar
- Meningitis Vaccination Requirements
- Panther Pantry
To access your child's information, click on the Skyward tab for Jennings County High School,
Click on Skyward Login.
A Skyward Management Screen will open.
Here you will enter the following
(this information is available from your student's school)
Username: (use Guardian/Parent login provided)
Password: (use Guardian/Parent password)
|Parchment Guide to Ordering Transcripts|
RE: Ordering Transcripts
Register for a Parchment.com account
You must create an account before you can request your transcipt.
Go to Parchment.com, click Sign up, and follow the onscreen instructions.
JENNINGS COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL PANTHER PANTRY
Please note the Pantry is for our JCHS students and their immediate family members
The Panther Pantry will be open on the following dates in 2017-2018:
Hours: 4:00 to 6:00 PM
*If school is cancelled, the pantry will be closed.
LOCATION: JCHS Room 125B; Drive to back parking lot, enter through breezeway Entrance “I”.
ABOUT US: We are being assisted by The Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana. Gleaners offers food and daily living supplies to the families of our high school students who are in need of assistance.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?: JCHS students and their immediate family members
If you have any questions or would like to make a donation, please contact: Marisa Patterson, email@example.com; 812-346-5588 (ext. 3135) (on-site pantry coordinator)
Tracy Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org; 812-346-5588 (ext. 3134) (on-site facilitator/assistant coordinator)
Mike Green, email@example.com; 812-346-5588 (administrative on-site facilitator)